Clothing tag is business card for clothing. To better express your clothing, you need design hang tag on clothing style.
- How to design a tag for your clothing?
- Choose basic color according to clothing style. (such as your clothing is for women, you can choose special red.)
- If your clothing style is difficult to express, or you want to express more details, consider using pictures. (For example, beach pants can choose pictures of coconut trees; pictures of models wearing products, can give consumers more intuitive feeling)
- Based on logo design, you can add website, ingredient description, origin, thank you words etc.
(More information you have, more difficult to design. You need to grasp the primary and secondary relationships. Avoid reading difficulties.)
- Using clothing style, logo and detailed information to determine tag shape and size. Firstly, you can sketch the design by hand.
(Generally, the smallest printed font is 4pt, the smallest font with UV effect is 6pt)
- Choose suitable paper thickness, background texture and string.
- Adding technique, like logo embossed, hot-stamping, UV and other effects according to your clothing grade (can better distinguish between primary and secondary)
General information to design hang tag:
- Shape and size:
Rectangle: about 100 * 50mm, such as 90 * 40mm 90 * 25mm 125 * 65mm (or customize)
Circle / square: about 50-100mm, such as 90 * 90mm 40 * 40mm 55 * 55mm (or customize)
Pentagon, triangle, heart, etc.
Thickness: Generally, the paper are 150grams, 180grams, 200grams, 250 grams, 300grams, 350 grams, 450 grams etc.
Material: art paper, black card, white card, kraft paper, tracing paper, special paper, plastic, PVC, metal, etc.
logo: hot stamping gold / silver, UV, glossy /matte film, silk screen, embossed/ engraved etc.
Rope: cotton, ribbon, polyester, leather, plastic etc.
- Two common problems with tag design
- Without vector illustration, will affect the quality of printing. If design is not HD, the printing will be unclear (We can turn unclear design into vector design)
- If the text is too small, the printing will be unclear, and the embossing, UV effect is not good. (We provide the best advice)