Adding metal grommets to the hang tag can make the hang tag hole sturdier and wear-resistant, it can also make the tag more beautiful, and improve the grade of the hang tag. It is very important to choose the right color, size and material hang tag eyelet and rings.
Hang tag eyelet can be divided into two types: electroplated eyelet and painted eyelet.
- The most usual eyelet is electroplated metal grommets, color will not fade, quality is the best, so highly recommend electroplated eyelet.
The colors of electroplated hang tag metal grommets are usually gold, silver, rose gold, bronze and gun metal black. And the electroplating finish looks smooth and luxury, no grains on it.
- Painted metal grommets color may fade after using a long time, but the color is much more rich than electroplated eyelet. You can paint any color like white, blue, gray, yellow, green, red, and purple etc. To choose color, you just need send us Pantone code. But if you do not have ideas, we will recommend color according to the hang tag color.
Choose rings sizes according to the thickness of the hang tag and the size of the hang tag hole.
- Metal grommets sizes are 2mm, 2.5mm, 3mm, 3.5mm, 4mm, 4.5mm, 5mm, 6mm, 8mm, 10mm, etc. (inner diameter)
- Among them, 3mm, 4mm, and 5mm (inner diameter) are most popular. In rare cases, some hang tag will use 2mm, 2.5mm, 3.5mm, and 4.5mm (inner diameter).
- If using string going through eyelet, recommend 3mm eyelet
- If using hang tag string snap lock fastener, recommend 4mm eyelet.
- The tag is very small, you can choose a 2mm eyelet.
- The tag is very large, you can choose a 5mm eyelet.
Contact us if you need customize very special eyelet. Besides normal round eyelets, we can customize other special shapes, like rectangular, triangle shape etc.