What is the difference between woven patches and embroidered patches? How to choose?
In this article. You can learn more professional information about woven patches and embroidered patches. Also you can customize the most suitable fabric patches according to your design and budget. Moreover, our patches can be icing on the cake for your products.
Difference between woven and embroidered patches
- High-density woven patches can show more logo details, so it is more suitable for small logo design and complex colors.
The surface of the woven patch is flat like the woven labels. It is woven by very thin yarns, and the smallest letter can be woven at a height of 1.5mm.
- The logo of the embroidered patches has a three-dimensional effect and cannot display a small logo design.
Embroidery patches are created with thicker embroidery thread. It can also make unique chenille patches, super three-dimensional logos and embroidery full background. But its smallest letter can be embroidered 5 mm high.
- When making embroidery patches, firstly you need to select a base fabric, and then embroider your logo on the base fabric.
Therefore, you can choose different base fabric to match your personalized logo. (Twill, felt, canvas, terry, PU, leather, etc.)
- Woven patches production process is weaving the logo and the background through a woven machine at one time.
Therefore, it cannot choose a different base fabric, And there is same woven texture by default.
- The price of woven patch is relatively cheap, the production process is relatively simple, and the production time is relatively short.
- Embroidery patches are relatively expensive, the production process is more complex, and the production time is longer than that of woven patches.
Various edges for woven and embroidered patch
Various backings can be used for woven patches and embroidery patches
- Cloth backing: Add a cloth to the back to cover the sewing thread. After that, the patch is thicker and feels better
- Ironing backing: Add hot-melt glue on the patch backside. How to attach it onto clothing? You can iron directly, no need sewing. It is suitable for hats, jackets, backpacks, etc.
- Velcro backing: Add Velcro, the patch can be easily removed and re-fixed.
Exquisite woven patches? Or high-end embroidered patches?
If you don’t know how to choose, please contact us via email or WhatsApp. We provide one-to-one service and can give you the most professional advice.
As a patches manufacturer and supplier, we can consistently manufacture products that meet your requirements. We have comprehensive pre-sales and after-sales services.