Learn the difference between soft enamel and hard enamel. Choose the most suitable enamel process for your enamel pins, enamel keychains and enamel labels, etc.
The logo is slightly engraved
Can use rich colors
Production cycle is short
Price is cheaper
The logo is flat
Suitable for simple colors
Production cycle is longer
Price is more expensive
Soft enamel making process
- Make metal labels with a logo channel (Electroplating your favorite metal color)
2. Fill the logo channel with a shallow enamel color (Prevent color overflow channel color mixing)
3. Bake. Done.
If you don’t like the debossed logo, you can add shiny clear epoxy to the surface.
Hard enamel making process
- Make metal labels with logo channel (same as soft enamel)
2. Fill the logo channel with a thick enamel color (color will be slightly higher than the metal surface)
3. Each color needs to be baked separately. (Because the color is slightly higher than the metal surface, multiple colors are easy to mix when baked)
4. Grinding to make the enamel color flush with the metal surface.
5. Electroplating your favorite metal color. Done
How to choose soft enamel or hard enamel
For pins, keychains and labels, etc., although hard enamel is stronger and looks higher quality, soft enamel is also strong enough and durable. So you only need to consider the appearance, production cycle and price, and you don’t need to consider other factors.
According to your design, budget and cycle. Choose the most suitable enamel process for you. If you need custom design enamel pins, enamel keychains and enamel labels, etc. Please Contact us by Email or WhatsApp, we provide one-to-one customer service, and will reply you quickly and quote. We will provide you with the most professional advice and provide free design services, and will provide detailed digital samples and 3D rendering to allow you to more intuitively see the design you want.