First of all, don’t design too much information.
Stickers are often small, simply-made products with strong target which is to express sharp information or crux points, what’s more, their small dimension can contain too many letters or texts. We suggest you can use a few most important letters or a big logo in you design, choose a good color, then your sticker will look attractive.
Secondly, pay attention to the colors you design (it depends on different occasions).
if you want your own stickers to be waterproof for outdoor use or something, then you have to choose plastic stickers. In these stickers, your design must be of simple color like just black or white or one-color logo due to technique limitation;
If you will use paper stickers or epoxy stickers, you can print any color even gradient color, you can also hot stamping gold or silver or other metallic color.
If you need holographic stickers, you just need design the shape and text position in stickers, don’t have to design the color because the color will match with holographic sticker background.
At last, if you want your own stickers more special, or you want us help you design stickers for free, you can send your personal requests to our email or phone us directly, we will offer our more professional suggestions.
Holographic sticker, also called laser stickers, is created by using laser hologram-plate making technology and molding replication technology. The main function of holographic is anti-counterfeiting, and the cost is low while the anti-counterfeiting level is high, so that your products can well be protected from the forgers. Many people would use these kinds sticker sheets on important products to protect rights, like on certificates, on books, on credit cards etc.
Another feature of holographic stickers is that the colors are always look shiny, dynamic and attractive due to special laser technique, they will show different color in different directions. Compared to normal stickers, holographic stickers will always catch people’s eyes at first sight, leading people feeling the authority of your products, and the desire to know more. Also, people will be more likely to trust the products with the holographic stickers.
Holographic sticker are waterproof of course. Shapes are usually die cut into square or round.
The cost is slightly higher than normal paper stickers, but not much. All in all, it is a good option for you to choose at labels industry.
Paper clothing stickers are very common, but usually not waterproof. When sometimes stickers have to meet the rain or water drops but need remaining undestroyed, some special material stickers need to stand out. Are vinyl stickers waterproof? Plastic stickers, material from PET, vinyl, PVC, holographic stickers, etc. are absolutely waterproof. Many people will stick them on outdoor products like cars, umbrellas, outdoor chairs, or sometimes in basin, mops and so on. These stickers are very simple, thin in thickness, color is often clear background, print black or white logo. The custom stickers can be any shape.
Another waterproof sticker is epoxy sticker, what are epoxy stickers? how are they made?
Firstly, use a normal paper sticker, print information or logo needed, then put the paper sticker into a mold, pour epoxy liquid on it, after cooling down, an epoxy sticker forms. Epoxy papers stickers are very thick(2-3mm), look very attractive with logo inside a “mirror” as the epoxy liquid is clear, accordingly, these stickers price is higher, Most people would use them on more luxury products like on the handle of table tennis paddle, or luxury pool side desks, or mobile phone backside.
Among all kinds of stickers, paper sticker are most common and widely used, can printed logo, design, care instructions, price or sizes, bar codes, etc. Who will use sticker and what’s the function?
Some people will use them to express their brands by sticking stickers on products surface like on furniture, pots, mirrors. These stickers will be full printed with logo or design, or hot stamped gold or silver effect. Their shapes are die cut into variates- like a dog shape, like a drop of water. Anyway, these stickers are to express brands and look impressive.
Continue reading “Printed stickers with logo | sticker function”
What is a hang tag? Hang tags styles are various: There are paper, plastic, metal, PVC etc. in material; round, rectangular, square, hexagon etc. in shape; to express company information, care instructions, thank you etc. in function. There are some suggestions and examples to help you pick the right styles.
Hang tags examples
- The hang tag material is usually made of paper, and there is other material like metal, plastic, PVC. Paper hang tags are very common and mostly used in clothing and related products. If your clothing is of very strong feeling, like leather jacket and bags, you can use metal hang tag which is very shiny. If your clothing is swimwear or sportswear, you can use plastic or PVC tags as they are waterproof.
Continue reading “What is hang tag | hang tags examples”
After custom the right recycled paper for hang tag, you need consider how to custom your logo on hang tag – by printed or embossed? Now there are some techniques to custom logo hang tags.
- Printed hang tag. Its most used technique, it can custom print any color ideally like gradient color, pictures etc. One important note is that if you want to print very good effect while your logo color is very complex, pls choose art paper/coated paper.
- Embossed hang tag. It contains engraving and embossing by using a mold (your logo of course) to press on hang tag. Press in front, logo is engraved; press backside, logo is embossed. You can press hang tag either with printing first or not. Just bear in mind: your logo must be simple and of large fonts, so that the press effect is best.
- Hot stamping/foil hang tags. Firstly, put a very thin metal paper on hang tag, then hot press it, then your logo will leave on hang tag in metallic style, looks shiny. The normal metallic color is gold, silver, rose gold, besides there are many other different colors metallic paper you can choose.
- UV print hang tag. UV is very simple; the main function is to make your logo looks shiny (like water shiny). UV is clear, without any color, so it will reflect the color of background, if background is black, UV is black; background is white, UV is white. Some designer would choose print first, then UV, so the logo looks very special.
There may be of some other special technique to express your logo, you can send us reference pictures, we may meet your custom needs because we know the industry very well.
The hangtag string is the connection between clothing and the hang tags. The matching of the hang tag and string is very important.
There are usually four options when choosing hang tag string Continue reading “Hang tag string | snap lock fastener | safety pin”
Adding metal eyelet to the hang tag can make the hang tag hole sturdier and wear-resistant, it can also make the tag more beautiful, and improve the grade of the hang tag.
It is very important to choose the right color, size and material hang tag metal eyelet.
Hang tag metal eyelet can be divided into two types: electroplated eyelet and painted eyelet.
- The most usual eyelet is electroplated metal eyelet, color will not fade, quality is the best, so highly recommend electroplated eyelet.
The colors of electroplated metal eyelet are usually gold, silver, bronze and gun metal black.
- Painted metal eyelet color may fade after using a long time, but the color is much more rich than electroplated eyelet. You can paint any color like white, blue, gray, yellow, green, red, and purple etc.
The size of eyelet should be selected according to the thickness of the hang tag and the size of the hang tag hole.
Metal eyelet sizes are 1mm, 1.5mm, 2mm, 2.5mm, 3mm, 3.5mm, 4mm, 4.5mm, 5mm, 6mm, 8mm, 10mm, etc. (inner diameter)
Among them, 3mm, 4mm, and 5mm (inner diameter) are often used. In rare cases, 2mm, 2.5mm, 3.5mm, and 4.5mm (inner diameter) are also used.
If using string going through eyelet, a 3mm eyelet is recommended.
If using string snap lock fastener, a 4mm eyelet is recommended.
The tag is very small, you can choose a 2mm eyelet.
The tag is very large, you can choose a 5mm eyelet.
Contact us if you need customize very special eyelet
A clothing hang tag is a business card for clothing. You need to design according to your clothing style to better express your clothing. (Of course, you can use a common hang tag without design)
How to design a hang tag for your clothing brand?
Examples 1: Choose basic color according to clothing style, such as your clothing is for women, you can choose special red.
Examples 2: If your clothing style is difficult to express, or you want to express more details, consider using pictures. (For example, beach pants can choose pictures of coconut trees; pictures of models wearing products, can give consumers more intuitive feeling)
Examples 3: Based on logo design, you can add website, ingredient description, origin, thank you words etc.
(More information you have, more difficult to design. You need to grasp the primary and secondary relationships. Avoid reading difficulties.)
Examples 4: Using clothing style, logo and detailed information to determine hang tag shape and size. Firstly, you can sketch the design by hand.(We provide the best advice)
(Generally, the smallest printed font is 4pt, the smallest font with UV effect is 6pt)
Examples 5: Choose suitable paper thickness, background texture and string.
Examples 6: Adding technique, like logo embossed, hot-stamping, UV and other effects according to your clothing grade (can better distinguish between primary and secondary)
General information to design hang tag:
Shape and size
Rectangle: about 100 * 50mm, such as 90 * 40mm 90 * 25mm 125 * 65mm (or customize)
Circle / square: about 50-100mm, such as 90 * 90mm 40 * 40mm 55 * 55mm (or customize)
Pentagon, triangle, heart, etc.
Thickness: Generally, the paper are 150grams, 180grams, 200grams, 250 grams, 300grams, 350 grams, 450 grams etc.
Material: art paper, black card, white card, kraft paper, tracing paper, special paper, plastic, PVC, metal, etc.
logo: hot stamping gold / silver, UV, glossy /matte film, silk screen, embossed/ engraved etc.
Rope: cotton, ribbon, polyester, leather, plastic etc.
Two common problems with tag design
1. Without vector illustration, will affect the quality of printing. If design is not HD, the printing will be unclear. (We can turn unclear design into vector design)
2. If the text is too small, the printing will be unclear, and the embossing, UV effect is not good. (We provide the best advice)