Handle is a part of a paper bag, once you have well designed a paper bag, you need chosen ideal rope types, also need consider a good handle structure.
You need to consider the types of paper bag handle from two aspects: paper bag handle rope types and paper bag handle structure types.
- Paper bag handle rope types usually are three-stranded rope, ribbon, herringbone tape, single/twill jersey tape, grosgrain ribbon, paper rope, hemp rope etc.
- The grosgrain ribbon is the most commonly used ribbon, the texture is one line by on line with concave-convex feeling, it is mainly made of polyester.
- The paper rope, is made of paper, it has a strong bearing capacity, but compared with the cloth rope, the interface between the paper rope and the bag body is easier to break. Therefore, paper rope carrying handbags are often used to pack small crafts and accessories.
- The hemp rope refers to the fiber rope of all kinds of hemp plants, often paired with kraft paper bags.
- The three-strand rope is made of polyester, nylon, polypropylene and other material. It has the characteristics of high strength, wear resistance and corrosion resistance.
- The ribbon is very popular, the surface is very smooth and flat with a little shiny effect, the ribbon always express luxury signal to people; but it is not so strong as other ropes.
- The herringbone tape mainly is woven with cotton textile and formed into a “herringbone” shape; the texture is typical. The features are not easy to shrink or deform, feels thicker and comfortable.
- The single/twill jersey tape are two classic weaving methods of fabric. The texture is very smooth. The warp and weft yarns are interwoven one by one, but the density is not high.
- The paper bag handle structures (connect handle to bag) are mainly two types.
- First types is that make total four holes at each side of paper bag, put the rope through the holes, knot the rope ends or add plastic buckles(tipping rope), then the ropes will be stuck, this kind structure is very strong, can hold very heavy things in bags.
- Second types is that cut four cracks inside of bags top, put the ropes into the cracks, then glue it. This style is always for good look, but it is not strong to hold heavy things.
You can add rivets to make it firm.